Friday, June 10, 2011

just posting for the sake of posting

This post was written on June 4.

Reasons to love monsoon season:
-It’s not miserably hot!
-who doesn’t love a good heavy rain?
-Plenty of water supply (days of no running water and having to draw it from the well are OVER!)
-It’s not miserably hot!

Yep, I’m loving monsoon season. And the fact that it’s not miserably hot DOES deserve to be mentioned twice. That, combined with all the fruits that are in season, might make this my favorite time of year in Kerala. Mangoes fresh off the tree? Yes, please!

The new warden is proving to put her money where her mouth is. The TTC girls have been following a strict schedule and things are a LOT quieter around here than they used to be. However she is a genuinely nice, caring person, and has shown a lot of emotional care and concern for the TTC students and their worries over their classes, etc. Now that I have been around her for a few days, I have no doubt that the girls will come to love and appreciate her in spite of her strict rules. (Now if only she would stop knocking on my door to wake me up (15 minutes too early, I might add) for morning prayer! I managed to somehow get myself there every morning for the past nine months, didn’t I??)

Today was an average Saturday. The rain stopped long enough to make it a good idea to hurry up and do some laundry, so that was an accomplishment. I tried to play Uno with the younger girls but the new warden insisted that they should study, instead. I took advantage of that time to take a little nap (by that time it was raining—perfect nap time!). Later I spent some time with the TTC students, and we had our first exercise class (zumba) of the new school year.

Did I mention we had one of my favorite breakfasts this morning?? Uppu mav!

"Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing." -Camille Pissarro

No comments:

Post a Comment